Tuesday 14 May 2013

Dogs & Other Boring Stuff

It's getting harder to post on here. Nothing bad is actually happening it's just getting harder to live my normal day to day life and that is something which is hard to tell people. It doesn't matter how strong I am or how hard I try to fight this, I cannot win.

It is getting worse and worse and it sucks. The biggest problem that I am having at the moment is with tiredness. Tiredness is something that everyone has to deal with but it's something nobody truly understands because tiredness doesn't cover it. I am exhausted, constantly. 

It means that I go to sleep exhausted, I wake up exhausted and there is nothing I can do to change that but it's worse than that. I am starting to struggle with concentration. I have decided to stop doing my uni work and just go to the lectures as it's too difficult to concentrate anymore. 

I also am more emotional than I normally am and this messes with me. I am not an emotional person but recently I have started being really upset for no reason then snapping and then all of a sudden having a 180 shift and be giggling or talking nonsensically and it's just getting harder to do simple things like get ready. 

I struggle but there is nothing I can do to change any of the above apart from profusely apologize to those who I live with especially to Guy and Hannah who bear the brunt of most of them! I wish I could say it was going to get better but I know it won't, it's only going to get worse.

Luckily, dogs exist. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Harriet, I found your blog by way of Fifi Coulston and have been following for a few months. I really enjoyed reading about your trip to Europe and in particular to Anne Frank's house. I absolutely loved The Fault in Our Stars too, in fact, it sparked a whole YA fiction phase for me.. although nothing yet has held a candle to Hazel & Augustus' story.

    Anyway, I heard an interview with John Green on Radio NZ the other day and thought of you. Here's the link in case you didn't hear it. http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/highlights/ninetonoon/20130522

    Stay strong... your writing, your whole attitude towards life, really is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete