Friday 19 October 2012

Battle Scars

I have many battle scars that I will have to live with. Today I am leaving to begin a new chapter in my story. I am going away travelling for two and a half months by MYSELF!!

Today is not as stressful as I thought it would be. I have packed everything and am ready to leave. I will miss Mum and Dad but I think that it is important for me to do this. It is a big step of me regaining my independence and confidence back.

Poor Dad and Mum though. At this point in time I am healthier than my doctors would have hoped I would have been but I am also not as healthy as Mum and Dad would have wanted me to be. I still get tired and I still have trouble walking long distances and standing up for long periods of time.

I went and saw my physio on Tuesday and he said that my leg has reached a plateau. I still can't really bend my leg ninety degrees which means that I will always have trouble going up and down stairs but today is a beautiful day in which I set off on a brand new chapter.

Today the battle scars that I have are part of who I am but they do not define who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment