Monday 11 June 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Today I managed 7.5km on the bike!! It's great because it means that my energy levels are coming back!! It's crazy to think that exactly 6 weeks ago I was getting out of hospital and having only enough energy to walk from my bed to the couch and only retreating back to bed when it was time to sleep usually having a nap on the couch during the afternoon. 

On Thursday, I went up to Auckland to the surgeon who said my leg is progressing well which is exciting!! Then we had lunch with one of our great family friends!!! I then had to have a nap but that evening we went to LADY GAGA!!! 


She was amazing!! She had a five level castle, more costume changes than you could count and she is an amazing performer. How she dances and sings like that for two and a half hour. It made me tired just watching her!! I spent the next 2 days in Auckland catching up with friends which was amazing. 

On Sunday, as I have done for many years I went to see the Warren Miller ski movie with the Walsh's. When I was younger I used to look at these movies and dream about being in them. I probably never would have been because those movies contain the best skiers in the world but it did make me realize that I could never do that now, never ski like that ever and that sucked.

Some dreams like skiing in a Warren Miller film or sailing in the Volvo Ocean Race probably never would have come true but it's hard to know that I am physically never going to be able to complete those dreams but I guess this gives way to new dreams.

Six weeks ago how I am now would seem like a dream. My dreams have changed through this whole experience, it's not that I have lost my old ones, I still would like to work for the UNCHR at some point in my life. I still want to help people too but I have new dreams like dancing with Anthony when he comes back from Dunedin or meddling in Toby's love life or just having lunch with Kate but more than anything I want to stay cancer free.

No comments:

Post a Comment